This blog is maintained on behalf of the Amy Foundation for the purpose of tracking the best Christian journalism we find on the Web. Our posts regularly identify those news articles or opinions in the mainstream media that represent good faith-based writing and example them for other Christian journalists.

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Faith highlighted in the Tennessean (5-17-07)

Here is a short story in The Tennessean, by staff writer Natalia Mielczarek, about a young man from Rwanda who fled his country from violence. Eric Uwiringiyimana's personal testimony is nothing short of riviting.

He tells Natalia:
"It's been really hard, and at some points I felt like giving up," said Eric, who is an avid soccer player. "But when I think where I came from and see what little situation is trying to get me to quit, I say: 'No.' Most of my strength comes from God. I take one step, and he takes three steps for me."
>>Read More

It is a good article, but misses the criteria of the Amy Writing Awards by not including identifiable scripture. (I also think the article is too short to be a top 15 contender).

None the less, the author allows Eric's story to tell itself and God's truth to shine brightly.

Good job, Natalia! Keep up the good work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home